February 15, 2012

(Typed on my phone just before my 2nd appt at the Cleveland Clinic)
So here I am once again sitting in the waiting room at the Cleveland Clinic. Nothing much has changed since last time. The weather is nearly identical and the sun is gently shining through the tinted plate glass windows. Dad's next to me this time, though, diligently working his way through a novel. And this time I know that I have a tumor slowly and steadily growing inside of my head. It has been for the last five years unbeknownst to me.

Today we're going to find out what happens next. Thankfully, Dr. Woodson is a fantastic doctor and found the neuroma in the first place. She's also patient and informative and seems to have a good grasp of the concept of going the extra mile.

I don't know what she's going to tell me today. I have a few ideas based on my own meticulous research. And I have some opinions as to how we should proceed. Of course, I'm hoping somehow she and Dad will make all of the difficult decisions for me. I just want it out of my head. The sooner the better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "battle scars"

The Nitty Gritty: Iggy Takes His Leave