It's official!

    Shocked!
I got the call from Cleveland Clinic today. My surgery has been scheduled for May 11, 2012. It's really happening. Much later than I had originally anticipated, but it is happening. I'm having brain surgery.

I have a pre-surgery meeting with the neurosurgeon on April 4th and then I'll be meeting with Dr. Woodson afterwards. She told me to be sure and bring a list of questions with me this time. At our last meeting as she was explaining the surgery she kept asking me if I had any questions for her. I kept deferring to Dad. It appears this time I won't get off so easy. So just like the good patient that I am, I went online and found a list of pre-made questions to ask her about the translabrynthine surgery I'll be having.

In the meantime, my mom has been alerting every living friend and relative about my tumor. I guess I can't blame her. I'd be doing the same if it was my daughter. It's at times like these that I feel she would have been of great assistance to Paul Revere had she lived a few centuries earlier. The British would've never known what hit them. She has started a prayer chain for me, though, which I'm thankful for. The more prayers the better in my opinion. Even if my tumor doesn't miraculously disappear (which part of me is kind expecting it to), it will certainly be nice to be covered in prayer as I go through surgery and the long recovery process.

There is additional good news, too. Since the surgery is over two months away, I'll still be able to perform in Chicago and continue teaching Zumba for those additional two months. While having the surgery set so far out  is kind of like having this massive cloud hanging over my head for the next 12 weeks, at least I'll have plenty to keep me distracted between work, Zumba, and the show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "battle scars"

The Nitty Gritty: Iggy Takes His Leave