February 29, 2012

Rough day today. It doesn't entirely have to do with my tumor so I guess it doesn't really have a place on this blog. Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with it. But I've found that now whenever something bad happens I tell myself something along the lines of "Oh great, such and such just happened AND I have a brain tumor" or "As if having a brain tumor wasn't enough, now I have to deal with so and so." This is probably not a healthy way of living. I'll need to address this. But in the meantime, back to my rough day.

Today I found out that not only did I not get the job that I applied for and was really thrilled about AND felt that I was super-qualified for, I also got my hours cut at my current job. That's right. Two low blows in the span of one afternoon. And let me be clear, I was super-qualified for this position. This wasn't one of those shot-in-the-dark job applications where you know you really don't fit the requirements but are hoping that if they look at your resume in just the right amount of lighting with their head tilted at just the right angle they just might possibly see how you would be amazing as the new assistant manager for Petco's janitorial staff. Nope, this was certainly not the case this time. It doesn't matter now, though. I am officially back to square one. Perhaps I can pick up some more Zumba classes? Although at $10 a class I'd need quite a few to make up for what will be lacking in my next paycheck...
       Bummed
(sigh) So yes, not a good day. Oh, and I have a brain tumor... (jokes, jokes!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My "battle scars"

The Nitty Gritty: Iggy Takes His Leave