Good news!!

I know I've been a bit blog happy these past few days but I have to squeeze in one more entry for the week. You've all heard me complain endlessly about my incision and the swelling and the fact that I still have to wear my pressure bandage three weeks out. Of this entire recovery process so far, that's probably been my biggest hurdle. Soo...I'm happy to finally share some good news regarding this situation.

Since the removal of my stitches on Thursday I've been a bit, um, lax, about wearing my bandage. After three weeks it didn't seem to be accomplishing much outside of causing me excessive amounts of misery, so Thursday I only wore it at night and Friday I didn't wear it all. Well, by Friday evening the swelling had increased to the largest it had been and was actually beginning to cause me pain. I reluctantly had my brother put my bandage on that night and resolved to start wearing it more faithfully. The following day, Saturday, I kept it on until the middle of the afternoon when we decided to take a walk on the bike path. (Dr. Woodson had given me permission to take the bandage off whenever I went out as long as I put it right back on when I returned home.) I carefully unwrapped the gauze and, would you believe it, the swelling had completely disappeared!! Yes, folks, the entire area was totally flat!!! Not a lump or bump to behold! I'm fairly sure my joyful screams were heard three towns over.

Healed!
I still don't know what exactly happened. How is it that that amount of fluid was absorbed in the span of one night when three weeks had done nothing? For me, it's nothing short of a miracle. I can honestly say my prayers were answered (and I'm sure God is relieved that my incessant whining has finally ceased). :) So, yes, I'm bandage-free and happy as can be!


Comments

  1. Yay, thank God for listening to our incessant human whining, and helping us out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you ! Super, super news - onward and upward :)
    Lotty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news and am happy for you. Most recoveries are ups and downs, but before too long there are more of the ups and fewer downs. That's progress, which I think is the only way to measure anything in life. Keep progressing in your recovery - and everything else. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're improving... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My "battle scars"

The Nitty Gritty: Iggy Takes His Leave