Updates from Dad: Day of Surgery

Hi everyone,  I'm Amanda's father and I'll be taking over her posting duties for awhile until Amanda's feeling up to it again. She made it clear that I was to post updates as frequently as possible so I'll do my best to keep everyone up to date. I'm neither a blogger nor much of a typer so please bear with me.

Instead of posting a different entry for each milestone of her surgery, I'll just continue to update in this entry. Just keep checking back for new information.

Hello everyone. Arrived at Cleveland Clinic 4:30 A.M. I registered then waited and waited. I talked to the surgeon briefly. I'm on my way to the operating room. It is 7:00 A.M. I will update every 2-3 hours. Operation should be completed by 3 P.M. It will take until noon for the surgeon to reach the neuroma.

Hello everyone. It is 8:15 A.M and surgery has commenced.

Hola. everyone. It is 10:42 A.M. and I am still in the land down under. All is well!

Hi. 12:06 P.M. and surgeon states all is proceeding as planned

Hello everyone. It's 3:10 P.M. all is well. Feels like a marathon. approaching the finish line I hope.

Hello. Well folks, its looks like we're headed for overtime. Latest update from surgeon at 5:15 P.M.
everything is looking good.

It is finished. This surgery was a success but not without considerable difficulty which is why it lasted approximately 12 hrs. The facial nerve was spared and she should recover without any significant deficit






Comments

  1. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way Amanda (Prayers for the family, too!)

    -Jennie (found you through the AN website :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Manders. You are now becoming a postie ;-)
    Prayers & hugs

    Mindy-ANA website

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I don't know much about this technology, and accidentally deleted my own post.

      Good wishes for a speedy recovery! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep us posted, when you are up to it.

      Delete
  4. Praying for you at this moment, Manders. Much love coming your way!

    LizAN from the ANA forum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and praying everything is going well.

    Lisa

    LRobie from ANA Forum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. Glad it's over and the recovery process has begun. Prayers will continue.

    LizAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the updates through such a long and difficult day for your family. I am glad to hear a positive prognosis. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for a speedy recovery, thank you for updating, now get some rest for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear! Sending prayers.

    big bro J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My "battle scars"

The Nitty Gritty: Iggy Takes His Leave